- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- NNI Accomplishments Archive
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Publications and Resources
Department of Education (DOEd)
The DOEd faces major challenges in a number of education-related areas, including a need for more graduates and researchers in areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education. By providing working groups, regular NSET Subcommittee meetings, and inter-agency communication channels, the NNI provides a mechanism for DOEd to better collaborate with other relevant agencies, such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), which makes substantial investments in nanotechnology-related education, and the Department of Labor (DOL), which follows trends in workforce needs.
Mr. Peirce Hammond, Sr Advisor for Special Initiatives 202-245-6056, Peirce.Hammond (at) ed.gov