- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- NNI Accomplishments Archive
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Publications and Resources
A nanometer is one billionth of a meter. (A meter is 39.37 inches, or slightly longer than one yard.) The prefix “nano” means “one billionth”, or 10-9, in the international system for units of weights and measure. The abbreviation for nanometer is "nm."
For visual examples of the size of the nanoscale, see The Size of Nano.
The NNI Dashboard shows annual spending for the agencies participating in the NNI. This cross-cut budget information can be sorted by agency and by Program Component Area to better identify funding trends.
Stay Connected with the NNI
Sign up for Email Alerts and Updates.