- Nanotechnology 101
- Nanotechnology and You
- About the NNI
- What is the NNI?
- Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives
- The NSET Subcommittee
- NSET's Participating Federal Partners
- Working Groups & Coordinators
- NNI Accomplishments Archive
- Contact Information
- National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Collaborations and Funding
- Federal Funding & Infrastructure
- Contests and Challenges
- Business Development
- FAQs for Business
- Publications and Resources
The Biosensing Program supports fundamental research in engineering areas related to: Novel sensitive, discriminative, low cost, and easy to operate biosensing systems; Innovative ideas in the development of novel biorecognition strategies; Multifunctional nanomaterials and interfaces with predefined physical, chemical or biological characteristics for biosensing applications; Fundamental study of bio-macromolecules confinement and orientation at the micro- and nano-interfaces for biosensing applications; Molecular sensors capable of monitoring biological structures interaction (protein-protein interactions, cell-to-cell talk, interkingdom signaling, etc.). Proposals outside of these specific interest areas are welcome.
Deadline date: Sep 17, 2013
For further information and to apply, click here.